Thursday, May 17, 2007

A page from my diary...

10/18/99

Today’s good: I’ve been thinking about my dreams of
dreams- what I really want to do with my life (when I’m in a good mood). Here
they are:

1. I want to be a decent classical player. I
don’t have to be great, though I would love to play (soprano) in a good quartet-
one that’s well respected, etc. That would be a lot of fun.

2. I want to be a good jazzer. I want to be able to hang. I don’t
want to be as good as Doug wants to be. But I want to be respected as a
player. And if I happen to make a couple of albums… or more likely, play
on [a couple of albums] or with great names of the time, I’d be very
happy.

3. I want to be a great dancer! I want to perform with a great company
like David Parsons. I don’t want to do that for long. But that is
something I want to experience.

4. I go back and forth on my own company idea. I’d love to integrate
[music and dance] but I’ll have to think about that one for awhile…

5. I want to be a healer. Help people, especially musicians and
dancers with their physical and mental problems with their mind/body.


My question is… do dreams change, or do we simply give up on them and adapt new ones?

No comments: