Sunday, May 20, 2007

Child Prodigy

I'm speechless... and quite ashamed of myself for being annoyed. I just read a release about the newest prodigy to "grace" the jazz scene. Her name is Grace Kelly. She's labeled as a Singer/Songwriter/Saxophonist. She's booked at the Standard this week. She's 14.

. . .

I know my skin is turning an unattractive shade of green, but how bad is it that I was relieved not to care for her saxophone playing after listening to her newly registered myspace? Her vocals on the track "I Will" I found more convincing.

Maybe it's the shared name, or the instrument, or the career, but come on folks, the Standard?!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no need to feel ashamed here! a link to what turns me green-
http://www.jaygreenbergmusic.com/
as my music gets better and better year by year, i just haven't won an ASCAP awards since my honorable mention 4 years ago. in the mean time, this kid wins a major one every year. eh, i've become zen about it.

i'm in new york this week, are you around?

D0nnaTr0y said...

Ah, the ASCAP awards... I keep meaning to get around to entering those competitions!!

What is it with these annoying young'uns??

Yeah, I'll be around this week, though out of town for the weekend. When do you get to NY?

Anonymous said...

out of town this weekend too.... but i'll be hanging up near msm next week. i'm back on sun. afternoon. when are you back?

D0nnaTr0y said...

I'll be back Sun afternoon, too. If you have some free time, we should grab a coffee!