Monday, July 9, 2007

Why I <3 Ethan Iverson


Obviously, Ethan is a phenomenal pianist and The Bad Plus has been rocking my world since I randomly picked These Are The Vistas up off a shelf in Borders back in early 2004. These days I'm equally entertained, and often enlightened, by their blog, Do The Math.


To date, their most recent post, written by Ethan, is having me love him (and the band by association) even more. I'll give you a tease: Dr. Who, and Buffy.


Now to be honest, I've never actually watched Dr. Who, though I am a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Joss Whedon fan. But that doesn't matter as I am completely in awe of anyone (Ethan) who can compose such a LONG correlation between two fictional characters and then post it for the entire internet world to see. Usually, I keep such geek-outs to a quiet closeted whisper with a small, like-minded audience. In addition, Ethan mentioned reading the Whedon penned Buffy: Season 8 comic that I too am collecting!

Ethan, I <3 you like I <3 Joss!

No comments: