Monday, April 9, 2007

Pearls Before Breakfast

Thanks to Anyssa for this:

09 April 2007

Joshua Bell Plays in the Subway: A Commentary on American Modernity

This is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL reading.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/04/AR2007040401721.html?hpid=topnews

Posted by ACN at 12:00 AM

The real question is, would you have stopped to listen?

Thanks, Anyssa!

POST EDIT: After reading this article, go back to Anyssa's page here and read some intriguing responses.

3 comments:

ACN said...

I've got a bit of a debate going on about this article on my blog now. :)

Also, if you like Carrie Bradshaw, you really must read this blog - I've been reading her for quite some time, long before I ever started my own. She's exactly like Carrie Bradshaw, except she's real. I don't link her on my blog because my grandma and mother read my blog, and they'd be super offended if they clicked the link and read one of the postings about sex or something.

stephanieklein.blogs.com

D0nnaTr0y said...

Yes- I am enjoying the debate on your blog!

Thanks for the recommendation of the Stephanie Klein Blog. I think I will enjoy it!

D0nnaTr0y said...

anon- thanks for the direction. Her take is definitely one I hadn't considered as were some of the comments left by her readers.

Nonchalant passer-by's aside, I'm happy for the debate this experiment has sparked!